ZoomInfo announced that Chetna Mahajan has joined as Chief Information Officer. Mahajan will serve on ZoomInfo’s executive leadership team and report to Chris Hays, ZoomInfo’s Chief Operating Officer. She will lead ZoomInfo’s information technology strategy to accelerate digital transformation and operational excellence as the company continues its rapid growth.
- A jewel from India: Mahajan is an advisory board member for Ninja Focus, digital mindfulness and meditation platform for young children. She is a member of the Athena Alliance, the Consortium of Information Systems Executives, and Pulse for Technology Executives. She holds an MBA from The University of Colorado, an M.S. in computer science engineering from Arizona State University, and a B.S. in electrical engineering from TIET, India.
- Unmatched expertise in digital technology: “Chetna’s ability to strategically align digital technology and business operations is unmatched,” said Hays. “She has exceptional expertise in scaling enterprise-wide information technology initiatives and running multimillion-dollar projects successfully for international companies. Chetna will be instrumental in helping our customers grow their businesses rapidly and enabling our company to continue to innovate globally.”
- Decade long experience: Previously Mahajan served as Senior Director of Business Systems, Intelligent Automation, and Digital Experience for Symantec. In this role, she led engagement for multiple global digital transformation initiatives and automation for Lead-to-Renew and new business programs and applications. She also held senior roles at Delta Dental of California, the Colorado Governor’s Office of Information Technology, Boeing, and Sun Microsystems.
- An experienced cadet in her field: Mahajan joins ZoomInfo with senior leadership experience at both public and private data-driven, high-growth technology companies. Most recently, she was Vice President of Business Systems and Data Analytics at Conga, the leader in commercial operations transformation, where she oversaw a portfolio of 150-plus business and enterprise systems supporting functional operations. She also drove initiatives around client engagement, revenue growth, strategic mergers and acquisitions, and security and compliance.
- Focus on operational excellence: “ZoomInfo is at the forefront of accelerating digital innovation, creating seamless customer experiences, and building impactful products” said Mahajan. “As we continue to expand our business, we must focus on furthering our operational excellence, strategy development, and agile execution. I’m passionate about how information technology can help achieve increased customer engagement and satisfaction.”