Recently publicly listed cloud provider Fastly Inc. announced it had hired Ron Kisling, the CFO of Google’s Fitbit unit, as its new CFO. Kisling will step into the role at San Francisco, Calif.-based Fastly in August, with a focus on achieving profitability, a goal the company has yet to reach after over two years on the public market.
- Joining: Kisling will succeed Adriel Lares, who, as announced on May 5, 2021, will officially step down from the CFO position after five years of service. Kisling is expected to join Fastly in August, following a transition period from his current role.
- Expert in sophisticated finance: “Ron’s expertise in leading sophisticated finance organizations in high-growth environments will make an immediate, positive impact on Fastly as we continue to grow and scale our business,” said Joshua Bixby, CEO of Fastly. “Ron played a key role in building out Fitbit’s financial leadership function to support public company rigor. I am confident Ron will bring the same strong leadership principles to Fastly as an excellent addition to the executive team.”
- Better connection: Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet.
- Software development: Fastly’s platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development with unmatched visibility and minimal latency, empowering developers to innovate with both performance and security. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
- Prior experience: Kisling joins Fastly from Google, where he served as Chief Financial Officer of Fitbit. Kisling joined Fitbit in September 2014 and served as Chief Accounting Officer until his appointment as Chief Financial Officer. Kisling has held Chief Financial Officer positions at numerous other technology companies, including Nanometrics Incorporated, PGP Corporation, Portal Software, Inc., Saba Software, Inc., and SPL WorldGroup, Inc. A seasoned finance expert, he brings extensive public company financial management and governance experience.