Casino Group, Google Cloud, and Accenture announced a strategic collaboration to accelerate the technological developments of Casino Group, digitally transforming the leading French mass-market retail brand and the retail market.
- Innovative digital solution: The Casino Group’s B-to-C activities, such as its stores and eCommerce sites, will benefit from the deployment of innovative digital solutions, enhancing customer experience and operational efficiency, and drawing on the extensive expertise of Google Cloud (in particular on its smart analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence solutions) and of Accenture.
- Digital strategy: “This alliance with two major technology players mark another important step in the deployment of the group’s digital strategy. It will enable us to accelerate two of the group’s priorities: continuously improving our customer service through technological innovations such as AI applications and accelerating the growth and value creation of our technological activities in data and software”, said Jean-Charles Naouri, Chairman and CEO of Casino Group.
- Acceleration: For Casino group’s new B-to-B activities, such as its retail media properties, the objective is to accelerate the development of RelevanC (the Group’s subsidiary specializing in data marketing solutions) by benefiting from the commercial and technological support of Google Cloud and Accenture.
- Consumer’s expectations: “The pandemic has shifted consumers’ expectations and retailers’ businesses like never before. Cloud technologies — including secure infrastructure, data analytics, and AI/ML — coupled with training and skills programs, will be critical to help companies navigate these market changes,” said Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud. “We’re delighted to work with Group Casino and RelevanC to contribute to their digitalization and help drive growth opportunities for their brands and the entire retail industry.”
- Key player: Casino Group is a well-established and a key player in the French retail industry as well as a leader in the global food retail market, with more than 11,000 stores worldwide — in France and Latin America. The Group has built up a portfolio of strong, dynamic and complementary banners, thanks to its workforce of over 200,000 people driven by a passion for retail and customer service, generating consolidated net sales of €31.9bn in 2020.