In this epidemic world, face-to-face encounters are obsolete. The majority of meetings these days are held by video conference, and no company has benefited more than Zoom from this transition. Macro, a new FirstMark-backed startup is a native software that uses the Zoom SDK to give your daily work meetings more depth and insight. Macro just raised $4.3 million to make zoom calls more effective.
- Work sessions: Macro is a native software that uses the Zoom SDK to give your daily work sessions more depth and analysis. Macro puts that text to a Google Doc and formats it so that it can be shared right away. The product is free to use and, thanks to the Google Doc export, may even be used by a single participant. The Google Doc is pre-formatted with Macro message that states that it was created by the company and includes a link to the product.
- Two modes: Macro has set up two modes for you to use. The first is primarily focused on collaboration, and it transforms a regular Zoom conference into a light overlay with people displayed in little, circular bubbles at the top of the screen. When multiple people are working on the same project, such as a wireframe or a collaborative document, this mode should be used. The user interface is designed to blend into the background, allowing users to click on taps or objects hidden behind the bubbles of other guests.
- Second mode: The Arena or Stadium mode, on the other hand, is designed for hands-on meetings and presentations. It has two distinct characteristics. The first is an Airtime feature that displays how much time different participants have had the floor for the previous five minutes, thirty minutes or the entire conference. The second is a text-input mechanism on the right side of the UI that allows users to enter call-related questions, takeaways, action items, and insights.
- Sharing: Macro automatically saves that text to a Google Doc and prepares it so that it may be shared right away. Getting Macro up and going does not need any additional effort. When a user instals Macro on their computer, every time they click a Zoom link, whether in an email, a calendar invite or on Slack, they are immediately loaded into Macro.
- Inception: Since its inception, the firm has secured a total of $4.8 million, including a new seed round of $4.3 million from FirstMark Capital, General Catalyst, and Underscore VC. Jason Warner (CTO GitHub), Julie Zhuo (former VP Design Facebook), Harry Stebbings (Founder/Host of 20minVC), Adam Nash (Dropbox, Wealthfront, LinkedIn), and Clark Valberg (CEO Invision) are among the other investors.