Forbes has released its sixth annual Cloud 100 ranking of the world’s top private cloud companies, and four high-value startups from the Seattle area landed in the top 50. Forbes said 17 companies from the 2020 list went public in the past year, and 29 newcomers made the 2021 list.
- The Four: Tanium, Outreach, Icertis, and Highspot all made the list that ranked companies based on growth, sales, valuation, and culture, plus a reputation score. The four unicorns were in good company with others on the list putting up big numbers, including Stripe, No. 1 on the list as the highest-valued startup in the U.S. at $95 billion.
- Tanium: Number 18 Tanium, situated in Kirkland, Wash., moved its headquarters from the San Francisco Bay Area to Seattle in 2020 and quickly became one of the region’s largest privately held technology companies, at least in terms of revenue and valuation. The cybersecurity firm employs 2,000 people and is valued at $9.2 billion, according to CEO Orion Hindawi. In January, Tanium raised $150 million.
- Outreach: No. 38 On the strength of $200 million in new fundraising in June, the Seattle software sales firm tripled its valuation in a year, soaring to $4.4 billion. Outreach, led by CEO Manny Medina, employs 872 people and is one of the region’s most valuable businesses.
- Icerits: No. 44. The Bellevue, Wash.-based firm has raised $280 million and has a current valuation of $2.8 billion since its creation in 2009. Samir Bodas, the company’s CEO, distributes contract management software in 90 countries. The goal is to assist businesses in keeping track of deals with suppliers and customers and negotiating better contracts by exposing cost-cutting and time-saving opportunities. Icertis has 1,580 employees. In March, the company raised $80 million.
- Highspot: In February, the 9-year-old sales enablement software company secured $200 million, boosting its valuation to $2.3 billion and elevating it to unicorn status. Highspot employs 625 people in Seattle, London, and Munich, and is led by CEO Robert Wahbe.