Google appears to be planning the launch of a new subscription bundle called “Pixel Pass,” which would include a new Pixel device, an extended warranty, and premium memberships to various Google services. In a leaked photograph published by Brandon Lee, the unconfirmed bundle is described.
- Easy access: Pixel Pass might be marketed as a method to ease access to all of these services while also providing the assurance of a longer warranty. Pixel Pass could potentially save you money compared to paying for the services separately, though there’s no word on how much it will cost just now.
- Program: The price of Pixel Pass is unknown, but papers show it will be available through Google Fi and the Google Store in conjunction with the purchase of a Pixel device. Pixel Pass appears to mix parts of Apple’s iPhone Upgrade programme (which offers an iPhone in exchange for monthly membership payments and an extended warranty) and Apple One subscription services bundle, as Lee points out.
- Memberships: Pixel Pass appears to combine up to four memberships, according to the documents: YouTube Premium or YouTube Music, Google One, Play Pass, and Google Fi. Video and music streaming, cloud storage, an app subscription bundle, and mobile network coverage are all included in these packages. Google Stadia, the company’s cloud game streaming service, isn’t mentioned.
- Extensions: According to the leak, the extended device warranty will work in the same way as Google’s current Preferred Care or Device Protection plans, which protect against accidental and mechanical breakdown damage. Preferred Care is currently only accessible in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, while Device Protection is only available with the Google Fi service in the United States.
- Availability: Pixel Pass might only be available in North America. There’s no word on which Pixel phones will be included in the Pixel Pass. However, given the upcoming Pixel 6 launch on October 19th, it’s likely that Pixel Pass will be introduced alongside the new flagship smartphone.